Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yesterday we had a great canooing adventure. We went with Aaron (by bro.) and Kenz and their little girl, Brookie. We had a great time and saw lots of animals. We saw one beaver, two moose (living, there were also a few dead ones, sad I know) turtles, geese, countless ducks and the coolest was bald eagels. There was a huge nest with the mama bird in it and then we saw the daddy bird fly in. I think we could hear some babies in there. In the words of my brother, we felt very patriotic. :) Dan was paddling the back and I was the front with the boys inbetween us. Spencer was also working hard paddling with a stick he found before we got in, it was also a fishing pole on and off through out the trip. He loved it and was saying "wook a dat!" (look at that) for every thing he saw. Sweet little James cried for the last half hour until he fell asleep. He did pretty good for a 4 month old. For all the fun we had we took no pictures so I took this one of Spencer before we took the canooe back.
This was five days ago. Weird? Yes. A surprise? Not to those of us in Rexburg who have been experiencing winter and then spring every few days for the last two months.
ALL WORN OUT !!!
A few days ago James had his four month shots. The poor little guy had a hard time with it and got up about 5 times that night where he usualy only gets up once. Because of his crying, I guess, Spencer also got up about 3 or 4 times that night which is unusual for him. There is a chair at the end of our bed where I feed James in the night. Spencer uses it as a latter and sneaks up on my side and climbs in the covers. When I'm really tired I don't even know he's there. As you can see, by morning the boys were in our bed, poor Dan was kicked out, and the three of us we zonked out. We went to bed early the next night!

6 comments:

homeschooling Mama said...

Love it! Totally know about kids sneaking in! Last night Emma did the same thing and you know how Robb sleeps. It's not a good thing!

Katie said...

So cute! Where did you guys go canoeing (I don't know how to spell that word :)? That sounds like so much fun. That is strange to me that there were so many dead animals. Sad.

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

how cute!! Kate is teething so we've had it rough at nights too. its so funny because Wesley wakes up so confused and mad when she's crying so loud! ha! that is cool you guys went canoeing! Daniel and I love canoeing, I've only been in lousisana where there are TONS of aligators under and around you!!! how fun!!

Caralee and Jon said...

How fun! You are brave going canoeing with both boys. Good for you. It's good to enjoy life when you have kids, its easy to just stay inside and not do many fun things. I love the picture of you all zonked out! So precious!

homeschooling Mama said...

we totally miss you guys too! When I saw your latest blog entry I totally thought of the same thing. Also, Robb and I always think of you when we watch the office. When Jim said he wanted to propose I was thinking I wish Katie was here! Anyways, digital scrapbooking... you can print a book through any number of different companys and you can find different pages and emebellishments for free online! It's so cool!

Sarah Nelson said...

It sure sounds like you had a great trip on the water! What a good idea! And I'm sorry you still have snow in Rexburg! I totally believe it though. Rexburg has crazy weather. That picture of you and the boys is so cute! That's sweet that Spencer likes to sneak into your bed!

Music