Monday, September 8, 2008

Return to Blogging!!!

Grandaddy's funeral in AZ
Jimmy in a box
( this represents that we moved, also, recently I have used boxes as playpens for him when I go outside, now before you think I'm horrible, he likes it and then I know he won't eat dirt)

It's been so long! My last post was a month ago and I could have posted something for every one of those days because life has been very eventful. We moved Aug 1st. I went very well thanks to the help of many good friends and family. My little sis, in particular, stayed here after my fam went back to AZ. She helped me pack and clean and take care of babies and move and unpack and clean and then pack up for a trip to AZ. Dan had just started a new position and couldn't leave so my sister and I took the boys to my families annual campout. The 20th was our four year anniversary and Daniel surprised me with flowers. I wasn't home when they were delivered so when I found them I wasn't sure who remembered our anniversary. What a nerd I can be! Then I read the card. My sweet husband! We went and did sealings which is always special. That same day my Grandad died. We went down the next day. We left at 4 in the morning thinking that the kids would just sleep. Well, James did. Spencer was so excited he was wide awake until about 7. It was such a wonderful trip. He lived in Eager, Arizona. I love that place. So many good smells and memories. All of my dad's side of the family was there and it was a really good thing.

9 comments:

Devin and Elisa said...

It's great to see you back! Thanks for posting. We've been wanting to know how you are and haven't had time to call. We hope all is going well with Dan! Tell the whole family hello for us!

~ Devin, Elisa & Emily

Dena said...

I am so excited you have your own place now and that Dan got a new job. That's great! Have you been living in UV this whole time? We really missed it when we moved, and all of you guys!

Katie said...

YOU'RE BACK!! It has been too long! So exciting that you have moved in and Dan got the job! Sorry about your loss, but I'm sure it was nice to be back with family.

Ryanne said...

Yeah! I found your blog. It was so good seeing you this weekend. Your family is beautiful and I love the blog. Mine is www.reggieryanneandfamily.blogspot.com

Katy said...

I'm glad you are finally "back!" :) It does sound like you had a crazy month! I'm nervous b/c I have no idea what to do with boys...please give me some pointers!!!

Miriam Lusk said...

Yay Katie Lives! But man- you have been a busy woman lately to say the least. I'm so excited for you and all the fun things you have been doing lately. LEts play soon. K?

homeschooling Mama said...

FINALLY!! I have been seriously craving some Smith blogging time! Welcome back! Can't wait to see picks of the new house!

Garling Ranch said...

Glad all is going well for you guys! I am sorry to hear your granddaddy died. It is always hard to lose someone you love.

Valerie: said...

sorry to hear your grandpa died. That is always hard! Good to see your back blogging. Post pics of your new house!!

Music