Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Long Time No.....Type?

So here's part of what we've been up to lately. This our little greenhouse with all our starts for our garden. I fear I started too early though. We had one week of good wheather and I got so excited I just couldn't wait. I'm not sure if you can tell but the plants are getting a bit long and gangly. Oh well, even seeing these little plants gives me hope of spring.



Here's my men playing the WII. They all look a little dazed in this picture so you might not believe me when I say they were having a blast. We have had so much with this! I have always hated video games, addmittedly because I stink at them and always loose. The wii is different! I love it!

This is "Spikey Boy" affectionately named by Spencer. James rubbed his hands all over his head. I think we were eating tuna sandwiches and the mayo worked better than moose.


Packing peanuts and static............hehehe. It took FOREVER to clean up! Every time I tried to throw a handful in the trash, half of it would stick and other pieces would jump back out. The vacum couldn't handle the big stuff and all the little stuff stuck to the outside. After about half an hour I was giving up hope. In an over dramatized way I kneeled on the floor and said "Spencer this will never work!" His reply, "just keep going Mom, it will be over soon." What a kid! He always keeps us laughing.



When the boys showed up I only needed one more cup of flour for making bread. We were all covered by the time that happened.





I know it probably seems cruel to go on a bike ride in such wheather but look at their faces. I think we all needed it. I just can't wait till we can do this without blankets, coats, mittens, hats ect.




12 comments:

Henderson Family said...

Wow, looks like you are having a lot of fun!!! Your boys are sooo awesome. I miss that Spencer kid. I love his little encouraging quote about the packing peanuts. So cute!!! Miss you guys. Take care.

Dena said...

I'm glad you updated your blog! :)Your boys are so cute. How are you liking your new home?

Caralee and Jon said...

First off your house is gorgeous! I'll try not to be jealous!! You are such a great mom, you can tell your kids love you so much! They are getting so big!

Christine said...

It was fun talking to you guys on Monday. What are you growing in that little greenhouse?
I love the pictures. You have such cute little guys. :)

homeschooling Mama said...

Oh, how I have longed for a post! Not that I have been much better. Yeah we have a web cam. We just need to set up a skype account. Are you guys still open for a visit? It would be like the very end of April or beginning of May.

Erin Rebecca said...

I love the picture with the packing peanuts, love those boys, they seem to keep you on your toes! You will need to be helping me with all of my planting this spring.

Katy said...

Dan told us about all of your plants! I am so proud of you and your little green thumb! :) Your boys are too cute. I can't believe that Spencer is BIG enough to say things like that. It's hard to get it out of my mind that he's not the baby he was last time I saw him. :)

Ryanne said...

Congrats (late) on graduating. Way to go! I love the pics of you and your brother and kids too. Reggie completes his masters this fall and I want to do the same thing.

Katie said...

How cute! We should go on bike rides together! Don't you just love being at home? I had such a blast over at your house the other day. You are one amazing person. I hope you know that. :)

Katie said...

P.S. I recently saw a fake money tree and thought, "The real ones are so much cooler." It was funny to me, because I feel very smart now that I know what a money tree is and how cool they are. You should name your money tree. DId you know it's back luck not to name your plants. Well, maybe it's not, I just find myself naming everything. :)

Garling Ranch said...

It is good to hear from you again! I look forward to your monthly updates! I can't believe how big James in getting! I haven't seen you guys for a year, and he gets all grown up! No fair! You, me, and Miriam should hang out again once the weather warms up a little. I would love to see you and your adorable boys!

Jessica Speed said...

Katie, you are a wonderful mom! And way to go on your plants, they look great. This is Jessica Speed from the University Apartments by the way!

Music