Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Count down to graduation!

My reasons for staying home!


Today marks one month exactly till graduation! Some of you probably didn't know, but yes, I'M GRADUATING !!! I started school here 5 1/2 years ago. I came up here all by my lonesome, moved into Perkins Hall apt. 202 (yes I was a dorm nerd and I loved it!). I took a few classes none of which show on my grad report now but it was a fun starting place. I remember wanting so badly to know if I had made the right decision to come to BYUI, it wasn't until my second semester in B of M class that I felt a deep reasuring that I was in the right place. I have had so many wonderful blessing here scince then. I could go on and on about wonderful experiences. Anyway, here we are. There are so many people that have helped me SO much to get here. Aaron and Kenzie for being such great friends and wonderful babysitters for the boys and Becca for babysitting and just being Becca. Mostly Dan, gosh, when we got married I was planning to go one more semester and then stop, he encouraged me and helped me all the way to a bachelors degree. Wow, me? I will love you forever for that Dan! Well, my next life phase will be switching to a completely full time Mom. Am I scared? Well, I know there will be days when a two hour break for classes sounds very inticing but to tell the truth, I am SO stinkin' excited! I have all these big ideas for life; activities and outings with the boys, cleaning schedules to follow, taking up a hobby, GARDENING with my family and hot dates with Dan. Ok, I can't get too excited, I still have homework to do tonight! Every time I drop off my boys when I go to class Spencer says, "Mom, you can stay with me!" I am so excited to say, "yes I can!"

13 comments:

Haylee said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you to finally be done. :)

Jason Both said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you're getting your bachelors degree. And when it's all done, have fun being home full time.

Unknown said...

I love your perspective Katie! Being home is the best and you'll still get breaks, just without the homework. Call if you need a break. I'm sure Emily will keep Spencer busy for a while. Congrats! Good luck on the home stretch!

Christine said...

Poopy! I had it all typed out and then entered the wrong email and it got erased. Sorry for the use of bad language on your blog. :)
Just wanted to say congratulations! I'm happy for you.

Natalie and Ryan said...

Hey Katie,
How are you? Your family is so cute. Your kids are adorable. Oh this is Natalie from Nauvoo. How are you? You can look at our blog at
http://natalieryanmoulton.blogspot.com/
I am excited to see your blog.
Love, Natalie

Miriam Lusk said...

hooray for Katie! You are such a strong and beautiful woman. I am so proud of you for finishing. You will never regret it.

Dena said...

I know how you feel about graduating! I graduated when I was pregnant with Kaylee and by the end of the semester James and Jonah would cry when I dropped them off to be babysat in UV. They didn't normally do that. Congrats on graduating!!

Erin Lafleur said...

Congratulations!

Being a full time mom is going to be hard at time and you will be suprized how much you will miss school. But it is well worth it.

Oh and yes, I was a Perkins Hall girl from 2002-2003 too. and LOVE It!

Katy said...

Congrats! I'm so glad you didn't quit school, but so glad that you will be home with the boys! It's harder some days than "working" ever could be, but so worth-while when you keep perspective. Sorry we missed you last week and we hope you are feeling better (but glad you didn't bring the bug to our house!)

Caralee and Jon said...

Congrats Katie, That is wonderful! I don't know if I could've done it with two boys at home! You are awesome!

Garling Ranch said...

Congrats Katie! You are amazing for being able to graduate after having two kids, a husband, and a job. Way to go!!! It is so worth getting done to be with your kids. It will be the best decision you have made! Love ya!

Hilarie* said...

Katie I didn't know you had a blog.. super cute! This is Hilarie from Univ. Village. I can't believe how much your baby has grown. They are both very cute boys!
I'll invite you to mine if you email me... raynbo.hilarie@gmail.com
How are things going since you moved?

Ryanne said...

You are awesome for finishing! I graduated when I was pregnant with Senneca and that was hard enough with the morning sickness and all. You definitely have earned your degree with 2 kids. You should get them little graduation robes to wear with you.

Music