Saturday, December 13, 2008

YEAH KATIE ! ! !

I just need to take a moment and say Congratulations to my amazing wife, Katie. For those of you who don't know, Katie received her Bachelor's from BYUI on December 12th. When Katie and I were married she had one semester left for her to receive her Associates degree, now over four years and two kids later, she has completed her schooling. I want to publicly say how proud I am of her. I have had a front row seat to the many challenges and struggles she has had to face to accomplish her goal. She has proved to me just how amazing she is, to have done all of this. About a year ago Katie was offered a job while still pregnant with Jimmy, which would have paid her well (more than what I make, which isn't too hard) and been a really promising career
that could have opened a lot of doors for her. She came home from the interview and told me she was offered the job and then she said she turned them down, because all she ever wanted to do was be a mom. She is a great example to me and to our kids. Our kids can look up to their mom who accomplished a great goal and chose to do the most important thing she could think of with her college degree, teach our family. It was so fun to sit in the audience last Friday with our two boys and watch their mom walk across the stage and receive her degree, after she stepped down, our two year old looked at me and said "hey look, mom graduated" I love you Katie!

14 comments:

Haylee said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Katie -- and the rest of the Smith family (it will benefit each of you). I admire your perseverance; it motivates me to keep going too.

Michelle said...

Congratulations Katie!!! I am so happy for you. Now you can relax, until the kids need something.

Jason Both said...

Great Job!!!

Devin and Elisa said...

Thanks for being such great examples for us! We can't wait to find time to make a trip up and see you guys!

Love,

The Caldwells :)

Katie said...

That is so exciting! I LOVE the picture! It looks like true joy...which I'm sure it was!

Katy said...

CONGRATS, Katie! I completely forgot! You are making the best decision to stay home (not always the easiest on tough days)...but definitely the best! We're proud of you for graduating and for your career choice too!

The Huck's said...

Congratulations!!

Katie said...

YAY!! That is wonderful..congrats!

Erin Rebecca said...

Yahoo Katie! We are so excited for you! You are a wonderful example and a super mom! You always make me want to be a better person! Thanks for watching my kids even though you were always swamped with school and everything else. Now it is time to party! Bring on the bunnies!!!!:)

Dena said...

Good job!!!

Christine said...

Yea for Katie! That is such a cute picture. :)

Christine said...

Happy birthday, Jimmy!

Cheney's said...

Congrats Katie~ that's so exciting to finally be done.

Jeff, Nancy and Nathan said...

Hey Katie congrats!!! Doesn't it feel great to finally be done. I also graduated, but sadly didn't see you there or else we could have walked together. I hope that everything is going well for you guys.

Music